Please be advised that at 2:00 p.m. PST, March 20, 2020 Governor Sisolak announced that the initial suggestion of closing all Non-Essential businesses has been upgraded to an Order (See, NRS 414.020). This means failure to close Non-Essential businesses as of midnight tonight may result in criminal charges or penalties. Non- Essential business closures shall remain in place until April 16th, 2020 or further notice.
For further detail on Non-Essential or Essential Services, please click here review the press release.
Generally, Essential Services are defined, presently, as:
• Fire services, law enforcement agencies, ambulances, paramedics, all emergency medical services & public safety agencies
• Healthcare services
• Businesses or organizations that provide food, shelter, or critical social services for disadvantaged populations
• Utilities as defined in NRS Chapter 704
• Trash collection
• Home maintenance/repair services
• Auto repair services & trucking service centers
• Grocery stores, supermarkets, hardware stores, convenience & discount stores
• Pharmacies, healthcare operations, & biomedical facilities
• Post offices & shipping outlets
• Gas stations & truck stops
• Banks & financial institutions
• Veterinary services & pet stores
• Laundromats & dry cleaners
• Food processing
• Agriculture, livestock & feed mills
• Logistics & Supply Chain Operations: Warehousing, storage, distribution, and supply-chain related operations
• Air transportation
• Public transportation
• Essential stays in hotels, commercial lodging, dormitories, shelters, and homeless encampments
• Child care centers and daycares operating in accordance with requirements set forth by their licensing authorities and COVID-19 guidance.
During this Stay Home 4 Nevada period, the Governor is encouraging other services, including but not limited to legal, business and management consulting, professional services and insurance services to have employees work remotely. Black & LoBello will remain “on-call” 24/7 to answer your emergency legal concerns at no charge. We know you are concerned but we are here for you.
Remember, this too shall pass. In the meantime, stay safe, stay healthy and be NEVADA STRONG!